Sunday 4 September 2016

New Job New City

New jobs are exciting right? Moving to a completely new city, exciting? Well no, not in my case - of course I'm excited for this new adventure but jesus christ is it stressful. Most people wouldn't of given themselves less than a few weeks to find somewhere to live, but I have made that very large mistake. I have lost count the amount of breakdowns I've had over the past couple of days, luck is so far from my side it's a joke and not a very funny one!

Where to begin... I started by weighing up my options, commuting, living costs etc and landed on booking an Airbnb for a week while I sorted out finding a place with my friend from my old job (easier said than done we are sadly discovering) so that was all sorted, I drove down yesterday with my parents and being the tit that I am, I didn't research the area AT ALL. I did it in such a stress induced, desperate manor that I well and truly.. um.. fucked up. In short, my dad actually refused to let me stay there! I've only used Airbnb once, for my trip to Amsterdam and I landed on the most beautiful apartment, the most amazing weekend away but this experience, not as magical.

Don't get me wrong Airbnb is fantastic, the lady who I would of been renting from was lovely but not so lovely when I was greeted by a man and not her - which was only the beginning. The area was enough to send me straight back to my bed and never leave. I'm not naive well not completely, I know parts of London aren't amazing but when you are living on your own, in a place you've never been before it can be terrifying.  I'll leave out all the details because honestly, I don't have the strength to relive them.

So right now, I'm sat on the coach, on my way to my first day thinking what better way to vent all this stress than through my blog - good excuse to get this baby up and running again. So if you are interested in reading the daily stresses of moving to London, starting a new job, all by someone screwing life up just as much as you are or more... HI GUYS

Tomorrow, how to deal with commuting from an absolute pro and what it's really like working inside one of the biggest retailers on the busiest street in London. I've just realised I haven't even told you the job but we'll keep that a secret for now (incase my breakdowns force me into hospital.. I am so melodramatic)

Abbey 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I love to read and reply to all of them even if I don't straight away I will xx